A residence card is a document which allows to foreigners to stay on the territory of Poland. Visas are issued by the consulate in the country of origin but a residence card is issued in Poland by competent Voivode. If a foreigner has a residence card he does not have to apply for a visa. To obtain a residence car is complicated and it takes about 2-3 months. During the procedure all enclosed documents are checked very carefully, so it is important to submit an application properly. The procedure might be much longer if somebody will make mistakes in an application, provide false information or will enclose incomplete documents. That is why using our help avoid errors at the beginning of the procedure and you will get a residence card as soon as possible.
We have helped many foreigners in obtaining a card of temporary or permanent residence in Poland. We have experience in conducting affairs of employees, students, international marriages, people with Polish roots, and many other unusual cases, who got a positive decision on the basis of other circumstances.
- Do you know that an application for a residence card must be submitted at least 30 days before the expiration current visa or residence card?
- Do you know that any false information in the application for the residence card results as a negative decision?
- Do you know that if you will get a negative decision, there is a possibility under particular circumstances to change a decision by the Voivode during 14 days?
- Do you know that if you submit an application in proper term you will get a stamp in your passport which states that you are legally in Poland during the procedure even if your residence card or visa expired?
- Do you know that incorrectly carried out proceedings for a residence card can take a few months?
- Do you know that if you will cooperate with our company, you can come to our office and see all documents we got from the Office in your case and find out the stage of your case in the Office?
- When submitting the documents at an authorities’ office one must have all of the original documents for the purpose of comparison.
- The day before submitting the application we collect all the original documents from you, including the foreigner’s passport.
- The decision concerning the permission for settlement for a definite period of time may be obtained on the basis of an authorization. However, the final residence card must be collected by the foreigner in person. Therefore we ask that the foreigner be available on that day for 2-3h. Our firm will accommodate transportation for the client from the workplace to the authorities’ office, assistance at the office and transportation to the firm after the card has been collected.
- The documents signed directly by the employer must be signed in accordance with the representation form of the company, which is verified by the current KRS (National Judicial Register) of the company.
- The majority of the documents can be signed on the basis of authorizations however, for you information, we send you the complete set of documents we are submitting to the authorities.
- While the application concerning permission for settlement of a definite period of time is being processed the foreigner may be called for an interview by the authorities. In such a case we provide assistance for the foreigner during the interview.
- While the application concerning permission for settlement of a definite period of time is being processed the foreigner may be called for an interview by the Police. In such a case we provide assistance for the foreigner during the interview.
- While the application is being processed it will be necessary to deliver a certificate of not having any overdo taxes in Poland. Therefore we would like to remind you that the employer should apply for an NIP (Tax Identification) number for the foreigner. The received NIP will be needed for obtaining the above mentioned certificate.
Obtaining a residence card is a two step process:
1) Obtaining a decision for settlement in Poland for a definite period of time (the document containing information what is the legal basis for which the foreigner settlement in Poland, in this case it is employment)
2) Obtaining a residence card (the residence card is issued after about 2-3 weeks after obtaining the decision about settlement)
The decision about settlement in Poland for a definite period of time is issued in case of foreigners who have a justified reason to stay in Poland for longer than 3 months. After 5 years of continuous stay in Poland a foreigner may apply for a resident card and after 10 years of continuous stay in Poland for a permanent residence card.