Katika - Expat Assistance

I run a business as a natural legal person. The main department of my company is located in Bydgoszcz, and I myself have permanent registered residence in Warsaw. Where should I apply for a work permission for an employee who will perform work in Bydgoszcz?

The local jurisdiction to request a work permission is determined by the registered residence of the employer (art. 88b paragraph 1 of the Act of 20 April 2004 on promotion of employment and labour market institutions). In this case, the proper authority is the Viovode of Mazowsze. The application will need to indicate the place of work, in this case Bydgoszcz.