Katika - Expat Assistance

I am a citizen of Ukraine, working in Poland on the basis of a statement of the employer and the intention give work to a foreigner. My visa ends on December 31, 2010. What can I do to be able to continue my work in Poland?

The permission to perform work under the employer’s declaration of an intention give work to foreigner, which make it easier for certain foreigners wishing to work in Poland, was introduced on the basis of the regulation of the Minister of Labour and Social Policy of 30 August 2006 on the performance of work by foreigners without the need to obtain a work permission. The statements are a pilot programme and are valid until 31 December 2010. In this respect, the foreigner, who wishes on the continue working, should apply for work permission in Poland by the end of November 2010.